Become a mentor in our BioMentor Program
About our program
We have a growing network of > 60 BioMentors consisting of seasoned entrepreneurs and other industry professionals who are willing to offer their assistance and advice on a pro bono basis to entrepreneurs in need. We are constantly seeking dedicated experts to add to our BioMentor roster.
Our BioMentors have valuable experience in a wide range of business topics that are integral to the success of early-stage life science companies, including:
We have over > 60 BioMentors willing to provide pro bono advice to life science entrepreneurs in the state of Oregon. They can share valuable expertise in the following areas:
- Private funding
- Government funding
- Product Development
- Market analysis
- Business plan/strategy
- Meet one-on-on with entrepreneurs: in person, over the phone, or via Skype.
- Participate in, or lead, a training-workshop for a group of entrepreneurs hosted at the OBI.
- Give a talk in our OBI Lunch and Learn series.
Benefits of participation
- Play an integral role in promoting the growth and health of Oregon’s fledgling, but promising, bioscience sector.
- Help drive economic development in the region and accelerate the commercialization of important therapeutics, diagnostics, and devices to help improve human health.
- Connect with our thriving community of creative and driven life science entrepreneurs and fellow BioMentors. Attend our monthly OBI happy hours and other networking events.
- Establish a relationship with startup entrepreneurs early on who may be interested in working with you, or your company, in the future.