OBI has opened a new Digital Health IT Annex co-working space with dedicated desks available for startups on a month-by-month basis. This new shared space is a great way to collaborate with other Digital Health IT companies while still having a place to call your own.
- Specialized Mentoring: Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and unique BioMentoring program to assess company needs, identify and reach milestones and accelerate companies’ growth. Entrepreneurial training via workshops, peer-mentoring, etc.
- Collaborations: Share resources, ideas, and space with regional incubators, accelerators, networking events, Life Science and Digital Health Startup CEO Roundtable Lunches, Lunch & Learns, and entrepreneurial training opportunities.
- Private kitchenette and server room
- Access to conference rooms, meeting and networking spaces
- Free parking
- Key code access to building and OBI 24-hours/day
- WiFi included
- Utilities included
- Janitorial services included
Contact Heather Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a tour of this space.
The Portland Business Journal selected DesignMedix as one of the winners of this year’s Makers and Manufacturing Award.
Each year the Portland Business Journal honors the region’s top manufacturing companies who drive our economy with innovation, excellence and productivity. These companies shape the future and build what is needed for our next generation.
NOTE: If you do not have access to the Portland Business Journal, click here for a PDF of this article.
OBI Client Company Wins
- Madorra has engaged 2 new employees:
- Darlene Dreon – VP of Clinical Affairs
- Robert Blante – Senior Director of Manufacturing and Operations
- SUTUREGARD is now registered with the FDA.
- SUTUREGARD launched sales in San Diego in early November at the Fundamentals of Mohs Surgery conference. They sold 70 devices in their first week of sales alone.
- VIR Biotechnology and Alnylam Pharma Initiated Phase 1/2 Study of a Novel, Investigational RNA interference (RNAi) Therapeutic for the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B Virus Infection.
Gamma Therapeutics launched a crowdfunding campaign for “A New Way to Predict Heart Attacks and Strokes”
Now Announcing New Funding Opportunities for Oregon Startups!
Please note this grant DOES require a startup to have SBIR/STTR funding.
Business Oregon is looking for entrepreneurs and startups who would like to apply for this supplemental funding to match a portion of their SBIR/STTR grant/s. Business Oregon is accepting applications on a rolling basis, so you can apply as soon as you get all the materials together. All information is available on Business Oregon’s web page: www.oregon4biz.com/sbir. The application form and guidelines are in the resources box on the right side of the page.
Now offering $100,000 capital investments for entrepreneurs and early stage businesses.
Now offering up to $2M for startups and growth stage companies. OVP investors will contribute their expertise and leverage their network to help businesses succeed.
Join us for these OBI and OBI-Partner events in December:
Partner Event: Oregon Bioscience Association is hosting their signature event Bio in the Valley on December 6th in Eugene. Register now. $15-$35 to attend.
OBI Event: Our monthly Accelerate Bio & Digital Health Happy Hour is on December 6th at OBI/OTRADI. Register now. Free to attend.
Opportunities in the community:
OHSU’s Department of Surgery is looking for a full time Program Manager.
Internship Grant Opportunity: Applications open Monday, December 3 for Prosper Portland’s first Small Business Internship Grants, available for up to 12 eligible small businesses in the Portland metro area.