Website Acumen Executive Search
We listen. We care. We deliver.
Controller for two locations (Oregon & Washington) large AG organization – Portland, OR
Since 2007, Acumen Executive Search prides ourselves on being a premiere boutique, woman-owned Executive Search and Leadership Solutions partner in the Pacific Northwest with a global reach. We deliver proven results while nurturing genuine long-term relationships. Acumen works shoulder to shoulder with our clients to deliver customized, meaningful, and proven leadership solutions empowering client success.
Acumen is proud to partner with a National Agricultural Organization that grows and produces food. This is a newly created position due to an acquisition where you can set up and establish a new accounting group. This is a leadership position with two direct reports, working directly with the CFO based in the Mid-West.
Our client operates a fully integrated farm to ensure that what they produce is fresh, safe, and wholesome product. They are committed to providing the best. They believe in responsibly operating farms to help protect the environment, being good neighbors in the communities, and producing the highest quality of product. They offer competitive wages and excellent benefits with solid guiding principles and core values.
· Are a strong accountant who likes to build a team, processes, and systems
· Are a servant leader who fosters a positive environment
· Look at processes in the lens of continuous improvement and increased efficiencies
· Understand the importance (a love) for sound, environmental farming to produce the food that feeds America
· Work across the organization from General Manager, CFO, and other leadership team members
· Excel at communications to convey all accounting/finance reporting
This opportunity may be for your right next step.
· Recognition of employees
· Initiative & Ownership
· Safety & Security – both production and employees
· Community and the Service to Community
· Respect and Integrity
The Controller is responsible for leading, advising on, and performing all finance operations associated with operations. Ensures adequate policies, controls, and procedures that provide for the protection of company assets are in place, maintained and are followed. Provides accurate and timely financial information and analysis that allows management to make rational and data-based decisions. In partnership with leaders, proactively identify improvements, determine and implement short- and long-term strategies concerning profitability, efficiency, and other matters. Will be responsible for financial and accounting matters including general ledger, closing, planning and budgeting, cost accounting, variance analysis, financial reporting, and inventory control and management. As the site’s financial business partner, advise and support the leadership team.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices, including but not limited to tax laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal acquisition regulations (FAR), and cost accounting standards (CAS).
· Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
· Oversees the general accounting functions, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, and financial reporting.
· Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
· Coordinates audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
· Conduct operational financial analysis for operational management stakeholders.
· Provide daily financial reporting of production and expense metrics to manger, serving as a business partner. Ad hoc reporting as requested from internal stakeholders.
· Lead and prepare annual budget and forecasts comparing projected results to prior year, budget, and previous forecasts.
· Apply cost accounting reviews, monitor, and analyze production standards including variances
· Perform operational analysis, trend projections and forecasting vs. month budget metrics.
· Communicates with plant personnel and observes plant operations in order to assist with and to make recommendations for improvement in plant operations from a financial perspective.
· Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel. Responsible for the continued development and coaching of these associates, as well as day-to-day management duties (timecards, PTO approvals, reviews, etc.).
· Provides approval for all wire transfers.
· Maintains knowledge of developments and trends in finance and administration including technological advances.
· Any other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Master and/or PCA a plus.
· Advanced skills in software systems including Great Plains, ADP, MS Office – Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Excellent organizational and management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to perform critical analysis required.
· Able to synthesize and summarize an organization’s financial results into concise and actionable reports.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
· Ability to lead people and get results through others.
Controller, Accounting, Accountant, Finance, Hand-on accounting, GAAP, General Accepted Accounting procedures, Month-end close, Cost Accounting, federal acquisition regulations (FAC), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), account reconciliations, reconciliations, compliance, inter-company accounting, cash management, financial reporting, internal controls, audits, financial records, operational financial analysis, financial analysis, expense, expense metrics, business partner, Ad hoc reporting, annual budget, budget, forecasting, forecasts, operational analysis, accounting department
To apply for this job please visit www.acumenexecutivesearch.com.