Website Grace Bio Labs
Job Title: Scientist, Cell Culture
Reporting Relationships: R/D Manager
Status: Full-time, Exempt Hours: Flexible Department: R/D
Job Summary & Purpose:
The Scientist, Cell Culture will serve as a lead for all cell culture projects. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with other members of the R&D team to ensure successful customer project outcomes. This highly motivated individual will plan, perform, report, present and trouble- shoot experiments under the guidance of a Senior Scientist or R/D Manager. Summarize and organize experimental data. Provide testing services and support production of immunoassay products including product information, manuals, technical support documents and pricing information.
· Design and conduct complex experiments independently with scientific rationale
· Participate in study execution and perform cell culture laboratory work
· Immunohistochemistry assay development work
· Analyze experimental data
· Draft interim and final project reports
· Identify and bring up project risks (critical path items, technical issues, etc.)
· Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams to support product development and quality control deliverables
· Present study results internally and externally
· Proactively share own experience and standard methodologies with team members. Provide timely feedback to others
· Work safely and follow all safety protocols
· All other duties as assigned by manager / supervisor
Minimum Qualifications: Biological Laboratory Experience
· Bachelor’s with 5+ years OR Master’s with 2+ years of experience in cell line development, cell culture process development and/or manufacturing within a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company.
· Direct experience in cell culture and knowledge of upstream bioprocessing.
· Proficiency in core cell culture techniques.
· Design of Experiments (DoE) experience and proven skills in statistical design and analysis.
· Strong scientific writing skills and ability to communicate in a professional manner.
· Work will be in shared office space in a typical office environment
· Work will be in shared laboratory space in a typical chemical/ biological laboratory environment
· Cell Culture work will be in a BSL II/III laboratory environment
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
· High-volume cell culture and immunoassay development, must be able to perform repetitive tasks
· Use of computer, phone, office equipment
· Odor free environment (smoke-free, fragrance free)
· Handling of chemicals/biologicals in a laboratory environment
· Use of laboratory equipment (manual and electronic)
· Ability to be on feet all day/sit for long periods of time
· Long hours on a computer, typing and data entry. (Use of wrist and motor skills)
· Driver’s License
· Sight requirement
· Able to lift 25 pounds
· Use of stairs required
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply for this job please visit gracebio.com.