chic, smart, mother-centered wearable breast pump
Are you an industrial designer with a passion for user-centered design, wearables, and pleasurable artifacts? Do you have experience inventing, rapidly prototyping and developing wearable products and/or medical devices for manufacturing? Are you interested in technologies for women?
LuulaTech is on a mission to build the world’s first chic, smart, mother-centered wearable breast pump using the latest advancements in lactation science, machine learning and artificial intelligence. We are women-founded business on a mission to revolutionize the experience of mothers everywhere.
We are looking for someone who can:
● Lead design, innovation, and usability efforts within a collaborative interdisciplinary team
● Develop new, user-centered products, from brief gathering and ideation to iterative prototyping, to high-volume production
● Design, visualize, prototype, and execute electro-mechanical fluid-handling assemblies into robust, easy to operate and beautiful products focused on user-centered experience
● Engage with users (in our case, lactating mothers), specialists and academic sources to test prototypes, gather, analyze, and interpret data requirements from a user-centered design process and translate them into product shaping information
● Verification testing of the system, ensuring designs are reliable and scalable, meet food safety, biocompatibility and other regulatory requirements and are safe for user testing
● Optimize design for manufacturing and develop manufacturing processes
● Cooperate with contract manufacturers, prototyping houses, and external consultants to deliver high-quality products
We are looking for someone who has:
● BA in Industrial Design or related field (M.S.+ a bonus)
● 7+ years of experience in design and development of wearable and/or medical devices
● Demonstrated experience in conducting complete user-centered design process
● Demonstrated ability to manage designs from concept through manufacture
● Proficiency with CAD (Solidworks or Fusion360) drafting standards
● Ability to own supplier relations including evaluation and coordination
● Ability to drive verification and user testing and failure investigations
● Experience with design of wearable electro-mechanical and fluid-handling products
● Excellent written, verbal, and technical communication skills
You’ll move to the top of our list if you also have:
● A network of manufacturers, prototyping houses, and colleagues
● Experience with medical devices, FDA approvals and patent applications
● Experience in hardware product management
● Understanding of mechatronics, materials, systems design, fashion, or packaging design
● 3D printing, vacuum forming, silicone pour, use of common machine shop tools and other prototyping techniques
● High volume disposable manufacturing experience a plus
Get in touch!
If the above sounds interesting, please send your CV along with a short note outlining why you think your experience is a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruiters, please!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com