Boulder Care Partnering with Blue Cross for Addiction Treatment
The Portland Business Journal featured Boulder Care‘s new partnership with Blue Cross in helping its members access opioid addiction treatment. “Portland startup . . . Boulder Care is trying to make medication-assisted treatment accessible to more people, especially those in rural areas, with the hope of scaling its telemedicine-based buprenorphine program to hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Americans in the next couple of years.” (Read article here)
OBI Client Company Wins
- Rewire Neuroscience (photo of Founder & CEO John Harkness, above) was recently featured in a Portland Business Journal article about how artificial intelligence is changing the way humans and machines work.
- Hemex Health was highlighted in the Elevate Capital monthly newsletter. The article discussed Hemex Health’s efforts in a clinical study in Ghana, to screen for and monitor sickle cell disease.
- OBI graduate AbSci had an Expansion Celebration and ribbon cutting at its new location.
- Senju Pharmaceutical Co. recently launched a new treatment with Otsuka for glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
- On February 8, Consano held an event called Consano PDX at the Portland Art Museum, to honor and raise funds for their 2020 Ripples of Hope Winner, Dr. Alexandra Butler.
- SUTUREGARD Medical just published a journal article in JAAD Case Reports about their HEMIGARD device for wound closure. They also recently received orders for devices from Kenya, Jordan, United Arab Emirates, and Zimbabwe after participating in Arab Health in Dubai.
- Want to know more about Aronora‘s new antithrombotic, AB002? Check out the latest Blood Podcast from the American Society of Hematology.
OBI Mentoring Program
Our BioMentor program is in the process of being revamped. Look for more information in the next month!
OBI Event: Accelerate Biotech & Digital Health Happy Hour
March 5, 2020
5:30 – 7:00 PM
Join the Waiting List. Free to attend.
OBI Event: Lunch & Learn – Aus-Trial-ia: Early Phase Clinical Trials in Australia
March 10, 2020
12:00 -1:00 PM
Register now, just a few seats left! Free to attend.
OBI Event: Lunch & Learn – Financial Projections – NOW CFO Financial Series #3
March 24, 2020
12:00 -1:00 PM
Register here. Free to attend.
OEN & OTBC Event: Workshop – Startup 411 – How to Start Your Startup
March 5, 2020
11:30 AM – 2:30 PM
PSU Event: ProductCamp Portland
March 7, 2020
8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Oregon Bioscience Association Event: BIO on the Rocks
March 12, 2020
5:00 – 8:00 PM
OHSU Event: INVENT and SoPE Panel – Explore Alternative Funding Sources
March 18, 2020
5:00 – 7:00 PM
. Free to attend.
Science Talk Event: Science Talk 20
March 26-27, 2020
Tiffany Center in Portland
OHSU Event: Invent-a-thon
May 1-3, 2020
BIO International Event: BIO International Convention
June 8-11, 2020
San Diego, CA
Start-Up Stadium was designed to provide start-up companies with the opportunity to engage key members of the investment community, venture philanthropy groups, strategic partners, and non-dilutive capital at the world’s largest biotechnology event. Apply now.