We have built a space that helps to de-risk growth and provide mentoring for biomedical startups
OBI is located at 4640 S Macadam Ave. in Portland. Some of the unique features of the OBI space are:
- Unique Laboratory Space: 20,000 sq. ft. new BSL-2 labs, offices and meeting space
- Shared Scientific Equipment: Access to cost-prohibitive shared equipment (fume hood, tissue culture facilities, heavy equipment and meeting space)
- Specialized Mentoring: Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and unique Mentoring Program to assess company needs, identify and reach milestones and accelerate companies’ growth. Entrepreneurial training via workshops, peer-mentoring, etc.
- Collaboration: Share resources, ideas and space with regional incubators and accelerators. Networking Events, Startup CEO Roundtables, Lunch and Learn Opportunities
At OBI, we strive to provide far more value to our startup client companies than physical space. Amenities accessible to every OBI member include:
- Free access to OBI’s Advising and Mentoring network (100+ professionals volunteering time to help Oregon entrepreneurs)
- Kitchen, board rooms (with A/V and conference phone), meeting and networking space
- Full access to reserve and use both of OBI’s large conference rooms (seats up to 20 people) with video/teleconference capability as well as OBI’s small conference room (seats 6)
- Common equipment labs (8 ft. fume hood, 6 ft. tissue culture hood, 5 ft. biosafety cabinet, CO2 incubators, plate/conical tube refrigerated centrifuge, microscope, Nanodrop, water bath, autoclaves, glassware sterilizer, rocker, vortex mixer, nitrogen storage tank, ice machine, -80 freezers, -20 freezer, lab refrigerator, safety showers, eyewashes, etc.)
- Startup in a Box: Helpful collection of discounted products and services available exclusively for OBI client companies
- MathWorks Accelerator & Incubator Program: Client companies have access to MathWorks Accelerator and Incubator Program benefits
- Free parking
- Janitorial services
- All utilities included
- Key code access to building and OBI 24-hours/day
NEW! Virtual Tours Available!
We now have virtual tours for Suites 130 and 200.
Click on the images below to browse the spaces.
Virtual tours by Pocketknife agency.
More about the OBI
Entrepreneurial Educational Programs
OBI offers monthly Lunch & Learns on a wide variety of topics of interest to entrepreneurs. We also have a structured 6-month Mentoring Program offered twice a year, an informal Advising Program, Happy Hours for networking, and other events throughout the year. These programs are free of charge.
Co-working Space (Available Now)
OBI has developed a new Digital Health Annex with dedicated desks available for rent on a month-to-month basis. Our shared space is a great way to collaborate with other Digital Health IT companies while still having a place to call your own.
Private Offices & Lab Space (available now)
In addition to the co-working space in the annex, the OBI has private offices and lab space. We have some brand new spaces opening in early 2022. If you are interested in learning more about our private offices or lab space, please fill out the form in the blue button below.
Interested in learning more?
For more information about our facilities, please complete the form below.