OBI Client Company Wins
- EndoSound is pleased to announce two new full-time employees. We are thrilled to have these two join our growing team.
- Peter Hoffman has joined as Senior Product Development Engineer. He will help to bring new and innovative ultrasound products to market. His 10+ years engineering experience ranges from robotics to medical devices with much of his time at Olympus developing novel biopsy tools for the lungs. He has authored 6 patent applications. Peter holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering and a minor in Business and Entrepreneurship from Oregon State University.
- Patrick Hurley has joined as the Vice President of Marketing. Patrick comes with 13 years in product and market management in medical device, as well as several years as a life sciences consultant. Patrick has documented successes in each role as he continued to grow with responsibilities. He has helped build brand identity and established strong relationships with KOLs in the GI community. He holds a Ph.D. in biology, specializing in neuroscience from Wesleyan University.
- Winner of AGA Shark Tank and Innovation of the year. We had the opportunity to compete in the American Gastroenterology Association (AGA) Shark Tank for innovative technologies in early April and won!!
- We’ll be competing again with our innovative Endoscopic Ultrasound device at the end of May at the largest Gastroenterology professional conference in the world called Digestive Disease Week (DDW).
- We have also been honored with the Innovation of the Year from the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). This distinction is granted to companies with products that show promise for advancing the field of GI endoscopy.
- Together, these awards demonstrate to the broader GI community that our mission to democratize EUS is taking shape. There could not be a better time to follow the EndoSound journey. View our LinkedIn page.
Gamma Diagnostics, Inc.
- Gamma Diagnostics presented at the Expert Dojo Investor Festival on April 7 in Los Angeles. Our new CSO, Dr. Jamie Noll, and Founder Dr. David Farrell presented. See event details here.
- HTI has signed master service agreements with IDEAYA Biosciences and ADRx for cryo-EM structure determination services to support their drug discovery efforts. IDEAYA is a synthetic lethality-focused precision medicine oncology company and ADRx is a biotechnology company with a unique approach to halting diseases of protein aggregation.
- HTI presented poster sessions on CryoDiscovery, its AI platform for cryo-EM image processing, at the 17th Annual Drug Discovery Chemistry conference in San Diego and at the 2022 Astbury Conversation, a leading macromolecular conference held at the University of Leeds in the UK. HTI has also been selected for a session presentation at Microscopy and Microanalysis 2022, the microscopy industry’s premier conference to be held in Portland, Oregon from July 31st to August 4th.
- We have two abstracts that were accepted for the 4th Global Congress on Sickle Cell Disease (June 16-18) in Paris.
- “Point-of-care diagnostic for quantification of fetal haemoglobin (Hb F) levels in monitoring hydroxyurea therapy for children with Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) in Ghana” has been accepted for a poster presentation.
- “Evaluation of first microchip-based point-of-care device for diagnosis of Beta-Thalassemia in India” has been accepted for a poster presentation.
- Dr Alton Johnson of University of Michigan Podiatry presented at the Society for Advanced Wound Care (SAWC) last month in Phoenix on HEMIGARD closure of Stage 4 (bone involved) heel wounds. He won first place in the Practice Innovation category for this work. HEMIGARD is allowing surgeons to close wounds that have not been able to be closed with normal suture materials. Normal suture does not work well on soft heel skin which does not resist tearing when under tension. HEMIGARD corrects this problem.
Synergic Medical Technologies
Research in Your Back Yard
May 20 at 10 a.m.
Celebrate International Clinical Trials Day on May 20, by streaming an OBI/OTRADI panel titled, “Research in Our Backyard: Developing Cures, Creating Jobs in Oregon,” in partnership with the Oregon Alliance of Clinical Researchers.
In our panel discussion, we’ll be bringing together the perspectives of an Oregon Bioscience Incubator researcher, clinical researcher, patient, and the biopharmaceutical industry to explain everything that goes into developing treatments and cures for local patients and the important work happening here in our state.
Panelists: Emmanuel Akporiaye, Veana Therapeutics, an OBI resident company; Searcy Craighead, Oregon patient and member of Kaleidoscope Fighting Lupus; Curt A. Heiting, B.B.A., President of Cyn3rgy Research and Development and member of the Oregon Alliance of Clinical Researchers; and Reid Porter, Senior Director of State Public Affairs at the Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA).
Hiring or Seeking?
Post it on OBI’s Job Board
OBI has launched a Job Board where you can easily list your organization’s open positions. Click here to post your open positions. We’ll approve it on our end, and it will be posted for 30 days (and it’s renewable too).
And, if you’re a job seeker and would like to have your resume reviewed by recruiters in the community, please upload your resume to the “submit resume” section of our job board.
Don’t Miss the AOBIO Finale!
Join us for the inaugural Angel Oregon Life & Bioscience (AOBIO) Grand Finale & Innovation Showcase, an in-person celebration on May 26th, 2022, 3-7pm at Amaterra Winery in Portland.
You won’t want to miss the Big Check Moment, sponsored by OBI/OTRADI, when AOBIO Investors announce which of the four finalists have earned the angel investment, up to $300,000!
Finalists for AOBIO 2022 are:
All this and Amaterra wine and views! Join us for this special celebration of entrepreneurship in Oregon.
Purchase Tickets Here
Final Call to Complete
Bioscience Ecosystem Inventory Survey
The Oregon Bioscience Incubator (OBI) is the state’s first and only bioscience-focused incubator. The multi-client company bioscience complex provides startups and scientists access to entrepreneurial mentoring, state-of-the-art bioscience facilities, meeting space, and shared equipment. While OBI currently provides free resources to the full community, we understand there are still some unmet needs and would like to learn more about how OBI can help fill resource gaps.
If you haven’t already, please take 15 minutes to fill out this survey to help assess the needs of the community by identifying additional resources needed. The survey will close at the end of May. Thank you!
Act Now for MedX @Düsseldorf!
Compete now for a free both at MEDICA’s Start-up Park! You target the global market, you believe in the success of your product and you are ready for the next big step towards internationalization. Your focus is now on networking and gaining visibility, and you are looking for the best way to connect with important partners. The Office of Economic Development Düsseldorf can offer you that unique opportunity with a booth at MEDICA’s Start-Up Park.
Applications accepted if your startup…
- offers an innovative product/ service in digital health
- is not registered in Germany
- has 1–20 employees
- was launched after 2017
- has an annual turnover of 0–3 M Euro
Apply at MedX @Düsseldorf until 30th June 2022 to get selected for a pitch competition in order to compete for a spot at the global meeting point for digital pioneers – the Start-up Park. We will inform you by 8th July 2022 if you were chosen for a digital pitch competition in front of a jury. See this link for more details!
The Myth of the Model Minority,
featuring OBI’s Associate Director Hazel Valdez
May 13, 2022
Research in Your Back Yard
May 20, 2022
AOBIO 2022 Grand Finale &
May 26, 2022
Get tickets here