Angel Oregon Life & Bioscience
Fast Pitch Event – Tonight!
Meet the founders who will pitch for a direct angel investment of up to $300K at Angel Oregon Life & Bioscience (AOBIO) with this fast-pitch event hosted by Oregon Bioscience Association, Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN), Oregon Bioscience Incubator and OHSU. You won’t want to miss the AOBIO Fast Pitch on Tuesday, April 11th online at 5:00 p.m. This is your opportunity to meet the life and bioscience startups vying for angel investment!
During the Fast Pitch session, nine AOBIO entrepreneurs (including five OBI client companies) will have a 3-5 minute pitch introducing their company to local investors. This Fast Pitch event is the next stop on the road to the AOBIO Grand Finale & Showcase, and you can expect to see four of these incredible companies make it to the main stage pitch on May 17th!
The pitch companies include:
REGISTER HERE for the free FastPitch event to receive your virtual link
Welcome New Client Company
Vaginal Biome Science
In April, we welcomed Vaginal Biome Science to the incubator. They are occupying one of our brand new spaces in the Willamette Wharf building. From their website:
Together with our strong alliance of partners, we are broadening and accelerating groundbreaking studies into the vaginal biome, pioneering new understanding of the role of the biome as a determinant of vaginal and overall health, and developing new products, solutions, and protocols – redefining decades-old and tired approaches to women’s health.
We’re happy to have you on board!
Client Company Wins
- PDX Pharma received continued Phase II SBIR funding from the NCI to support a novel lung cancer treatment, ARAC-02. Read more here.
- Veana Therapeutics is pleased to announce publication of a proof-of-concept study demonstrating that its oral drug, a-TEA-LS (aka VIMO) improves the anti-tumor efficacy of immune checkpoint blockade antibody in pre-clinical models of triple negative breast cancer.
Health Technology Innovations (HTI):
- Dr. Gabriella Kiss joins HTI Advisory Board as Sr. senior advisor. Dr. Kiss brings extensive experience in life science and Business Development to HTI.
- A leading cryo-EM instrument vendor has provided an LOI for integrating CryoDiscovery™, HTI’s AI-based automation platform for cryo-EM image acquisition and processing, with their product.
- The Pacific Northwest Computing Center (PNCC) and OHSU have approved for CryoDiscovery ™ field testing.
- ADRx, a drug discovery vendor, has initiated another project for Cryo-EM analysis.
- The TAO awards committee has nominated us as a finalist for the Technology Company of the Year, Emerging category.
- The 2023 Oregon Technology Awards will be held on May 16, 2023.
- StoneStable will pitch in the Angel Oregon Life & Bioscience Fast Pitch event on April 11.
- Sonivate Medical, Inc. has been invited to SEASON Aesthetic Conference to be held at George Washington University, Washington, DC at the end of April 2023. This will be a gathering of key opinion leaders in dermatology and plastic surgery to discuss the application of ultrasound for cosmetic procedures e.g., facial fillers.
- Besides discussions, there will be hands on using a cadaver lab for injections and several stations for the participants to rotate through including Sonivate’s next generation product. Sonivate is one of a very few companies invited to present at this research oriented, technical symposium. The presentation is titled SonicEyeâ Finger Probe Ultrasound System – Meeting Customer Needs through Disciplined Research.
- VitalFlo will pitch in the Angel Oregon Life & Bioscience Fast Pitch event on April 11.
- ProMedix Inc. has been awarded a U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grant for $250,000.00 to conduct research and development (R&D) work on improving outcomes from sepsis through active digital monitoring of peripheral blood flow.
- ProMedix was selected to advance to the final round of Creative Destruction Labs.
- ProMedix will pitch in the Angel Oregon Life & Bioscience Fast Pitch event on April 11.
- Trace Biosciences will pitch in the Angel Oregon Life & Bioscience Fast Pitch event on April 11.
- Hemex won a 3-year $3M NIH grant from the NHLBI to commercialize our Hb Variant test for the US market! Read the press release.
- Hemex is collaborating with MUJN Diagnostics Inc., to develop a diagnostics system that can be used to support patients being treated with alternative therapies for brain health.
- Keliomics will pitch in the Angel Oregon Life & Bioscience Fast Pitch event on April 11.
Need Space for Your Bioscience Startup?
If you have a bioscience or health innovation startup and need wet lab or office space, come talk to us! We operate the only bioscience-focused incubator in Oregon, with private offices, private labs, co-working space, and shared labs for startups in bioscience – including digital health, medical devices, AI/ML, diagnostics, therapeutics, pharmaceuticals, and more!
Submit your facility inquiry here and let’s schedule a time to talk!
AOBIO Fast Pitch
April 11, 2023
April PubTalk: How to Build a Business of Impact
April 12, 2023
Fresh Consulting in Portland
Get tickets here
April Happy Hour:
Pathways into Privacy and Security
April 18, 2023
RadarFirst in Portland
OBI Lunch & Learn: OHSU Innovates
April 19, 2023
Oregon Startup Center Educational Session:
Preparing Financials for Funding
April 26, 2023
11:30 AM-1:00 PM
OBI Accelerate Biotech + Digital Health
May 4, 2023
George Fox University Portland Center
Registration now open!