OTRADI Welcomes New Board Members
We are thrilled to welcome Ramsey and Karl to OTRADI’s Board of Directors:
Karl Mundorff, Executive Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Oregon State University
Ramsey Cox, Founder of Ramsey Cox Media Relations and Public Affairs
OBI Client Company Wins
- Rewire AI’s CSciO, Kristy Lawton, was an invited speaker on OBA’s Bio On The Rocks Artificial Intelligence panel.
- Rewire AI’s CEO, John Harkness, was an invited speaker on TAO’s Generative AI in Healthcare panel.
- John Harkness was honored to meeting with Senator Ron Wyden and Business Oregon to discuss Oregon’s role in the international marketplace and how we can support trade from Oregon businesses, like Rewire AI.
- Rewire launched the next generation of their image analysis platform, called Polygon AI. This milestone marks the addition of new AI capabilities, advanced multiplex analysis, and 3D image processing.
- Received an investment from the Elevate Innovation Gap Fund.
- Trace Biosciences is creating imaging agents for surgery that highlights nerves to eliminate surgical nerve damage.
- We are thrilled to announce an exclusive distribution agreement and the SAHPRA approval of GammaCoeur™ CVD Risk ELISA Test System with Afri Grow (Pty) Ltd. For more information, see our press release.
- We were awarded a Phase I STTR of $277,710 by the NIH to develop antisense oligonucleotides to regulate Gamma Prime Fibrinogen levels.
- Our CEO, Patti White, and Gerrit van Roekel, VP of Business Development, traveled to Ghana to show our new, easy-to-use cartridge that will simplify sample preparation for our sickle test to clinical partners at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra.
- Pinecrest Healthcare Ltd, our distributor in Nigeria, presented Gazelle at the Nigeria Society for Haematology and Blood Transfusion conference, outlining Gazelle’s role in facilitating Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) testing in the country to subject matter experts.
- Successfully presented CryoFast ™ – an AI-based platform for automating cryo-EM image collection at ACA’23 and M&M’23 – two international microscopy conferences. Met with industry partners and received strong product support from the cryo-EM community.
- Received NSF Phase II supplemental funding to integrate CryoFast ™ with the leading cryo-EM camera vendor’s data collection application.
- Welcome Leo Crowder and welcome back Ryan Dehart – two great additions to our development team.
- Looking to fill an opening for a Sr. Development AI/ML Engineer (see job description here).
- Signed MSA with a major European chemicals company for cryo-EM structure determination services for agricultural crop protection chemicals project.
- Embarked on a new project using cryo-EM to assess Lipid Nanoparticles with mRNA for a leading non-profit working on scaling Coronavirus vaccine production to developing lower-income countries.
Sparrow Pharmaceuticals (Alumnus)
- Endocrine Society announced that their Outstanding Innovation Award will recognize Sparrow’s work on a potential new medicine for patients with Cushing’s syndrome, autonomous cortisol secretion, or who rely on long-term glucocorticoid (e.g., prednisone) to control autoimmune diseases and other conditions.
- Read about the 2024 Laureate Recipients here.
Enroll by September 14 for the OCTRI BIP Corp
This 6-week I-Corps short course offers a new approach to accelerate the translation of discoveries from lab to clinical practice. Based on the National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps (I-CorpsTM) program, BIP Corp is an evidence-based experience that will take you out of your comfort zone to connect with potential customers and provide you with a competitive business case for future funding, partnership and translational science opportunities.
Clinicians, scientists, postdocs, graduate students, engineers and entrepreneurs with an early stage idea. Teams (2+) encouraged.
In this course, you will:
- Determine the commercial viability of your idea
- Develop a successful business case to secure funding and attract collaborators
- Meet with biomedical and business startup experts for advice and feedback
- Expand your innovation network
- Further your research idea and gain preliminary data for grant and SBIR/STTR proposals
Wednesdays, September 20-October 25
Free for OHSU and non-OHSU participants
Course details and schedule information
Enroll by Sept 14th
Techworks on Tap Up Top
September 14, 2023
811 SE Stark St, Unit 300, Portland, OR
OBI Virtual Lunch & Learn: FDA Submissions –
Best Practices for Early Stage Startups
September 20, 2023
OBI Virtual Lunch & Learn:
Oregon InC’s SBIR Support Programs
September 27, 2023
OBI Accelerate Happy Hour Networking
October 5, 2023
OBI Event Space, Portland
Registration now open!
OBI Lunch & Learn: Streamlining DEI with
Inclusive Hiring and Retention Tools
October 11, 2023
OBI Event Space, Portland
Registration now open!
Oregon Bio Biotech Summit 2023
October 25, 2023
Twist Bioscience – Wilsonville