Adrienne Klein Joins the OBI Team
Adrienne Klein, Programs and Operations Specialist, brings a unique blend of skills and experiences to her role at Oregon Bioscience Incubator/OTRADI, where she joined the team in October 2023.
Adrienne gained invaluable experience in her previous career in the field of accounting working with start-ups in the Portland area. In her previous role, she was instrumental in providing financial guidance and support to emerging businesses, helping them navigate the complex financial landscape of entrepreneurship. Adrienne’s passion for biotechnology runs deep. Her fascination with the potential of biotech to transform healthcare and improve lives led her to complete her Bachelor’s degree in Public Health at Southern New Hampshire University.
As Programs and Operations Specialist, Adrienne is dedicated to creating an environment where innovation can flourish, resources are readily available, and strategic guidance is within reach for biotech start-ups. She manages day-to-day operations, facilitates networking and collaboration among biotech entrepreneurs, and coordinates essential programs and resources to propel innovative biotechnology ventures forward.
Welcome, Adrienne – we are thrilled to have you onboard!
OBI Client Company Wins
- Ideaship has successfully completed a $100,000 patent equity investment in ESG Brands. Ideaship has been instrumental in supporting our intellectual property (IP) applications and will continue to play a pivotal role in shaping our IP strategy, thereby establishing a robust foundation to facilitate our growth backed by venture capital.
- Secured our first customer within the industrial textiles space.
- Successfully consolidated the fiber supply chain to afford faster processing times, and expedite the scale-up of our Tempo™ technology.
- Rewire AI was awarded a Phase I SBIR from NIH NIGMS to develop Rewire’s patented “AutoML” platform for automated generation of custom AI models.
- Rewire AI was selected as a finalist to pitch in the Life Science Washington Institute “Startup Showcase” and was selected as an NIH SBIR funded startup to pitch and present in the NIH booth at the 2023 HLTH conference in Las Vegas. Additionally, Rewire AI was invited to pitch at the MedInvest AI conference in Silicon Valley.
- Rewire AI’s CEO, John Harkness, was invited to speak with Senator Ron Wyden in the TAO AI Town Hall executive session.
- Rewire AI secured an additional contract to provide AI capabilities to their largest device partner to-date.
- Caravel hired Arushi Kalia as an Engineering Research Associate. Arushi will be working on strain engineering and bioprocess development.
- Caravel has joined the SQM Lithium Ventures Accelerator. The Caravel team will be exploring applications of their protein engineering platform in lithium mining, aided by scientists and engineers from SQM. SQM, headquartered in Chile, is a global leader in lithium mining and chemical production.
- Patti White, CEO of Hemex Health, received an award from Alliance Indus and Fiona Ma (CA State Treasurer) for the strong partnerships with Indian businesses that brought Gazelle sickle cell test, an innovative decentralized point-of-need testing solution, to the market. The award also recognizes Hemex’s significant contribution to the Make In India initiative.
- Peter Galen, Chief Innovation Officer of Hemex Health, was honored with an invitation to speak at the American Medical Device Summit. Peter ignited discussions on propelling innovation and prioritizing patient-centricity in the global medical device landscape.
- In Q3, HemexDx, the subsidiary of Hemex Health in India, conducted demonstrations in states like Tamil and Odisha. These demonstrations, attended by relevant government officials, showcased Gazelle’s performance and bolstered Hemex Health’s progress in pursuing government tenders in India.
Congratulations on these outstanding wins!
OBI Sponsors Saturday Academy Apprenticeships
Saturday Academy offers an Apprenticeship in Science and Engineering (ASE) each year. Acceptance into the program is a competitive process for high-school students, who work with engineers, scientists, and technology professionals full-time for 8 weeks during the summer.
The Oregon Bioscience Incubator is a proud supporter of this program. We just received lovely thank you letters from the 2023 ASE interns we sponsored. These students expressed how much the ASE program meant to them and how much they gained throughout the process and will carry forward to their future endeavors.
Thank you to Saturday Academy for offering this and other career exploration programs to spark curiosity in future scientists and leaders.
PDXWIT & IAPP Present: October Happy Hour –
Remaining Human in the time of Big Data, Big Tech and AI
October 17, 2023
OBI Event Space, Portland, OR
OBI Lunch & Learn: Streamlining DEI with
Inclusive Hiring and Retention Tools
October 11, 2023
Last chance to register!
Oregon Bio Biotech Summit 2023
October 25, 2023
Twist Bioscience – Wilsonville
OBI Accelerate Happy Hour
November 9, 2023
OBI Event Space
Save the date!