September 20, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$75 – $100
- This event has passed.
The WIS Fundraising Gala is designed to be a “choose your own adventure” experience.
There will be a number of activity stations and fundraising options to choose from, the majority of which will feature female owned and operated businesses. Some of the activity stations include:
- Pasta tapestry with Chef Leta Norton: Learn to create a tapestry that is both beautiful and edible using hand-formed pasta
- Owl pellet dissection with Amanda Fisher (Midnight Snack Jewelry): Learn to dissect owl pellets, identify the tiny bones inside, and find creative ways to display your treasures
- OMSI Science Communication Fellow Neuroscience Demo with Reena Clements: Learn how the body responds to alcohol
- Coffee tasting: Junior’s Roasted Coffee will be serving coffee using a manual brew method
- Additional tasting stations that include dessert from Nothing Bundt Cakes and gin from Freeland Spirits
There will also be a VIP Pink Ticket Raffle for the first 50 ticket purchasers, an onsite raffle, grab bags, and a wall of wine.
There will also be a silent auction for the St. Mary’s Art Club series depicting famous Women in Science! Students from the St. Mary’s Art Club will be attending and showcasing their work at the gala and donating the proceeds of their auction to WIS.
Items available via the raffle, grab bag, and silent auction include:
- Two weekends at a beach house in the Kiwanda Shores community in Pacific City
- One necklace from Midnight Snack Jewelry (crafted from real bones found inside of an owl pellet)
- Google Home
- Bob’s Red Mill Gift Basket
- One-month membership to Yoga Pearn
- One pair of annual memberships to Biketown Portland
- Two tickets to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland
Heavy appetizers and desserts provided by the Nightwood Society.
Dress is business casual or casual dressy.