September 10, 2019 @ 9:00 am - September 12, 2019 @ 3:00 pm$100 – $150
- This event has passed.
The GCTC Global Tech Jam brings together pioneering research institutions, innovative private sector companies, and forward thinking grass roots organizations and public entities. This international consortium is focused on deploying emerging technologies to deliver better community outcomes through improved infrastructure and quality of life, efficient service delivery, sustainable, equitable growth and long-term resiliency. Over the course of three days, project teams from cities, towns and rural communities will explore ways to improve the shared health, wellbeing, security, and prosperity of citizens through the deployment of data-driven and regionally appropriate services.
Speakers, interactive sessions, workshops and exhibits will cover the following topics with attention to the needs of large, medium, and small communities within regional ecosystems:
- Public-private-academic partnerships (PPAPs): securing funding, deliver services and the business models to scale them
- Open Data and Identity Management: strategies for ensuring interoperability, privacy and security, including an Open Data and Data.gov retrospective and look ahead
- Energy, Waste and Water Management: eliminating the health effects of pollutants
- Regional Health and Wellness: expanding tele-health, tele-medicine and shared healthcare services models
- Thriving Communities: promoting quality of life for all ages, sustainability and beneficial connections with nature, vibrant arts and cultural expression, and equitable access to the benefits of smart cities technologies for all groups
- Mobility: ensuring accessibility and public safety
- Regenerative Techniques in Agriculture: improving soil health and resilience in the face of wildfires, storms and coastal changes