How can you decolonize the way you live, work and serve your team & community?
The impacts of colonialism can be found throughout our personal, organizational and societal beliefs and behaviors. Decolonizing our ways of being in relationship with each other – at home, at work and beyond – is a liberatory practice.
This November during American Indian Heritage month, join this free virtual event to learn from the panelists, connect with an anti-oppression community of leaders, and ask your questions. We’ll be digging in to discuss:
- The ongoing impacts of colonization, particularly in North America and the Caribbean
- How colonial mindsets and structures are reinforcing extractive processes today, leading to disconnection from the self & others
- Questions to ask yourself to begin unlearning the ways you unknowingly reinforce colonialism
- Ways to begin decolonizing your leadership and team’s ways of working
- How the panelists are decolonizing DEI, creating a worker-first job search app, and organizing in Jamaica & across the Caribbean to remove the British monarch as head of state
- The part you can uniquely play in the collective work of decolonizing our homes, workplaces and world