April 30, 2021Free
- This event has passed.
OBI’s Next Mentoring Cohort Begins in July
Applications Open April 1
Mentor and mentee applications are open until April 30 for this structured, 6-month mentoring program, so now is your opportunity to get involved!
Would You Like to be a Mentor?
If you have experience working with startups in the bioscience or digital health industry, consider applying to become a mentor. Benefits of mentoring include:
- Free mentor training
- Exclusive access to handpicked startups
- Exclusive network of mentors
- Ability to earn mentor certification
- Give back to your community
- OBI highlights its mentors in the monthly newsletter
Mentor Lynn Sheehan from Evolve Strategic Venture says: “The OBI Mentoring Program is a great way for entrepreneurs to receive guidance from industry veterans. The complex areas these companies work in really benefits from mentor experience. In the end this accelerates them to revenue and team growth.”
Growing Your Business? Become a Mentee!
We are looking for entrepreneurs who are already in business but would like guidance, accountability, and support from a mentor to help set and reach business goals. Benefits and time commitments for mentees include:
- Mentoring helps you grow your business! A recent survey from Kabbage found that 92% of businesses who have a mentor say mentoring has directly impacted their business growth and survival
- Mentee meets with mentor 2 hours a month for 6 months
- Mentee checks in with OBI once per month and completes a survey at the end of the program
Mentee Anil Kumar of RxHomeTest shares: “We went through our business in more detail, brainstormed ideas that needed help, and came up with strategies for further growth. We specifically planned few action items for me to follow. This mentoring program has been extremely helpful for my business, thanks to OBI and my mentor!”
Important Dates for Summer-Fall 2021 Cohort:
- Mentor and mentee applications accepted until April 30
- Notification of selection by end of May
- Mentoring training takes place in June
- Pitch session June 14 from 9 a.m.–noon (save the date!)
- Match notification mid-to-late June
- Cohort begins July 1 and ends December 31