March 1 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
- This event has passed.
AOBIO, the premier PNW life and bioscience investment program hosted by Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) in partnership with Oregon Bioscience Incubator, OHSU, and OregonBio, is BACK!
AOBIO kicks off February 22nd with a four-week investment-readiness education series for life and bioscience startups at any stage of development. The program will feature local founders who have scaled successful companies in therapeutics, diagnostics, medical devices, or health innovation.
- Key pathways to scaling a life- or bioscience startup
- Lessons learned in building a bioscience company from experienced local founders
- How to create a case for investment to local and out of state investors
- What investors in the sector really want, and how to engage them successfully
- At the end of the education program, those companies that are indeed investment-ready can apply to go through due diligence for up to a $300,000 equity angel investment, to be presented at the AOBIO Finale + Innovation Showcase in May
AOBIO Entrepreneur Registration – $95 OEN Members; $135 Non-Members, includes:
- Four core educational workshops featuring successful life and bio founders offered virtually from 8:30-10:00 AM
- Live AOBIO Mixer with mentors and investors in Portland
- Pitch practice opportunities and feedback from mentors and investors
- Opportunity to apply for up to $300K equity investment
- Ticket to the AOBIO Finale in May in Portland
February 15: Entrepreneur Info Session from 8:30-9:15 AM via Zoom
February 22: Navigating the Funding Landscape – Frank Lau, Keliomics; Amanda Oborne, Ideaship
This session will explore the types of funding available to founders and go deep into navigating funding based on the stage of your business and the development phase of your product. The speakers will touch on market analysis, customer segmentation, and sales and marketing strategies to build a solid case for investment. Zoom.
March 1: Equity from the Ground Up – Ricardo Lopez, Business Oregon; Himalaya Rao-Potlapally, The BFM Fund; Arsh Haque, PSU
This session will foster a conversation about the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in your company was well as the expectations and requirements of funders that organizations take DEI seriously. Details about the Emerge Initiative grant program for early stage founders of color will be shared for those considering that program. Zoom.
March 8: What Investors Really Want: Discussions, Due Diligence & Data Rooms – Kabir Bhatia, Investor; Jason Boone, Floragenex
Get it straight from the investors themselves: What’s the process and rhythm of equity fundraising? What do you need to prepare for due diligence? How do you approach the investor conversations? Zoom.
March 15: Pitch Perfect: The Do’s and Don’ts of Investor Pitching – Jenn Lynch, Portland Seed Fund; Patti White, Hemex Health
This session will focus on what not to do, such as getting too detailed on the science. We will also cover what to absolutely include in your pitch such as tailoring it to your audience and other tips for the perfect pitch. Zoom
March 23: Practice Pitch – Carl Anderson, Physician & Investor; Kabir Bhatia, Investor; Charla Triplett, Suncoast Ventures. Zoom
April 11: AOBIO Fast Pitch hosted by Oregon Bioscience Association – During these fastpitch sessions, AOBIO entrepreneurs will give a 3-5 minute pitch introducing their company to local investors. Zoom.
May 17: Finale + Innovation Showcase (in-person event with details to come)
Register here! Inquire with Rene Miller or Heather Ellis for a discount coupon code for this series.